Thursday, May 8, 2008

Melting away the FAT!

I am floating on cloud 9 today, out of pure joy. It's official that I have lost a total of 20 pounds as of this morning. I feel like jumping for joy, blowing horns and shouting to the mountain tops. This is simply a self achieved goal that I have set upon myself and I feel relieved. First time in my life that I have lost so much, in such a short time and in such a healthy manner.

I have struggled all my life to maintain a descent weight. Always have been overweight up to a point that I fell in a black hole. Turned to alcohol, never ate and truly hurt my body in ways I never thought possible. Everyone thought I looked beautiful but I felt the ugliest I have ever felt about myself. My duty was to lift my spirits again and get my life together. Never turned to food for comfort but yet again my weight sky rocketed.

I give thanks to numerous surgeries, on birth control for 4 years (note: once I got off of it, I immediately dropped 10 lbs. in 2 weeks. Hmmm....makes you think huh!), activity level in work place changed, miscarriages, genetically I have 4 generations of heavy family members, lack of energy to work out at times, etc. Yes I can sit here and point the finger but I was ready to do what ever it would take at this point. Diet after diet, work out after work out, personal trainer, meeting with a dietician, injections by my doctor... my body was just not changing. So a light turned on and I said, "Wait a minute!" Back in the day Weight Watchers did work for me, for the short time that I was on it. Why not give it a try again, especially since its available online now. Best decision I've made in a long time.

As of this morning, I tried on a pair of pants I haven't been able to fit in since over 3 years ago. I couldn't believe it. So today I am rocking what feels like new attire =) What a great feeling. Can't wait to lose another 20 pounds and keep on forward with my struggle. God is seriously on my side.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Congratulations!! It is such an amazing feeling. I lost with Weight Watchers, so I know that elation. Well done!

Jackie said...

Congrats Jessi! Rock on the "new" attire! I too am back on the diet wagon... especially that I have so much time to exercise. You'll be my inspiration. Congrats again.